Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Story with Hashimoto

That's me at 105kg before been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism or more specifically Hashimoto disease. I have suffered with asthma, rhinitis, sinuses and severe allergies, all my life until about 2 years ago. here is a list of all the medication i have taken, Ventolin, flixotide, Flixonase, clarytin, senokot, fybogel, lactulose. Alergic to penicillin and tetracycline.

Since my weight just shot up i decided to go to a dietitian she recommend some blood tests which i went for and when i saw her again she found out i had thyroid issues she recommended me to go to see my GP which i did. Two days later i went to see my GP and they had a look at the blood test and i was told that i was border line and there was not need to initiate treatment. So i accepted the diagnosis and went home. Two month later i felt more tired and fatigued and the unusual thing begun to happen i spent a whole weekend sleeping it was only because my friends knocked on the door that i woke up and i was shocked when i realised how many hours i had slept so i went to the GP that was on duty for emergency upon seeing me and he reviewed the the previous GP's decision and told me that i was severely hypothyroid and almost in a mexedema coma and that i should begin treatment immediately.

So i was given levothyroxine also known as T4. I begun to get better but about a month later i got worse dosage was increased abut the same thing happened. By then i did some research and found that there was another medication available that would be much better its called liothyronine also known as T3. the local health authority said no that was not available and its very dangerous to use. So i searched out for a private endocrine and i showed him the blood test and i explained everything he immediately adjusted my T4 by lowering and introducing me to T3.

Again i got better then i got worse also at £75 a bottle of 28tablets i could not keep this up so i went to see the manager at the local health authority and i showed him my prescription and ask why could i not get this through the health service, he had a look and asked who gave me the prescription and i said the endocrine that works at the hospital but when seen privately he prescribes the medication you really need. He immediately made the medication available through the health authority to which i was delighted at £2.50 it is very affordable.

Latter on more adjustments and now i am to T3 only i take 80mcg a day taken in 20mcg 4 time a day. I now have no more allergies or asthma actually its all gone i have lost a lot of weight and i now have lots of energy i have taken up cycling my weight is 80kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment